The three primary areas of learning and development are:
• Communication & language;
• Physical development;
• Personal, social & emotional development;
The four additional areas of learning and development are:
• Understanding the world;
• Expressive arts & design;
Reading in the 1st Grade
First graders are expected to read fluently and understand the information they read.
Some of the other topics that the first-grade reading curriculum includes are:
• A comprehensive reading of the entire first-grade material;
• Re-telling stories provided in the academic books;
• Creating characteristics based on the stories;
• Learning the meanings of similar words and how to use them in a sentence;
• Distinguish between narrative and nonfiction texts;
At LCIS, we encourage our parents to help their child gain independence through new explorations beyond school.